New Student Registration
New students need to apply for admission and should have received official notification of acceptance to Dakota Wesleyan University before registering for classes. All new students need to register for fall semester classes before the start of the semester.
New Student Registration Dates
Please inform the admissions office at least one week before the intended registration day for proper scheduling and planning. New Student Registration will take four to five hours to complete. Those students unable to attend a designated new Student Registration day will need to make arrangement with the admissions office.
All Students Will:
Things to Know:
- meet with their academic adviser and select fall semester classes;
- meet with financial aid and business offices to discuss scholarships, loans and payment plan options;
- meet with the campus nurse to discuss health requirements;
- sign up for a dorm room if living on campus;
- take student ID picture, receive campus mailbox and email; and
- be introduced to freshman reading program.
Pick & Choose General Courses:
- A $150 enrollment confirmation is due the day of registration, if not previously paid.
- A $50 housing deposit is due the day of registration if student is seeking on-campus housing, if not previously paid.
- If you are a transfer student or have previous college credits, it is in your best interest to have all official transcripts mailed to DWU two weeks before New Student Registration for proper evaluation and advising.
All students seeking a degree from DWU will take general education courses in addition to major and minor courses. Most general education courses are taken in the freshman or sophomore year of college. General education subject areas include, but are not limited to:
Art/Music/Theatre Cultural Awareness
Math Personal Growth/Religion