4-Year Graduation Guarantee
Dakota Wesleyan University’s curriculum is designed for students to graduate within four years.* Not only does DWU believe that you can and should graduate within four years, WE GUARANTEE IT!
Dakota Wesleyan University will:
- offer all necessary courses for you to complete a major within four years,
- provide a qualified faculty adviser to assist you in scheduling classes, and
- provide academic support services to assist you in the successful completion of a degree.
- enroll in eight consecutive regular semesters as a full-time student at Dakota Wesleyan in Mitchell, S.D.,
- maintain a cumulative grade point average to remain in good standing according to the college catalog of record, and
- fulfill the requirements necessary for the four-year degree contract:
- Declare your graduating major before the fourth semester**.
- Complete an average of 31 credits per year (typical class load).
- Meet at least once per semester with your assigned faculty adviser.
If you meet all of these requirements and you are unable to complete your chosen major in four years, Dakota Wesleyan University will assume the cost (during the next two consecutive semesters) of the courses you need to complete a major and minor at DWU.
* The guarantee applies to students who enter Dakota Wesleyan University as first-time college students. If all requirements are fulfilled, the student will graduate in four years. It is also possible to graduate in less than four years or have more than one major or minor. This guarantee covers one major and one minor in four years. With strategic academic planning, much more can be achieved.
** Students who plan to major in biochemistry, nursing, athletic training, music education, special education, elementary education and some secondary education must declare that major upon entering Dakota Wesleyan University.