Transfer students coursework will be evaluated on an individual basis and follow the University’s policy on transfer work.
Acceptance into the ATEP occurs at an ongoing basis with no acceptance after August 1st. An interview with the Athletic Training Review Committee must be completed before this date for admission.
Transfer students must meet all admissions requirements of the ATEP.
Transfer students must have two rotations of directed observation in athletic training and under the direction of an ATC. This must include observational evaluations submitted to the clinical education coordinator. The evaluations should pertain to:
- demonstration of appropriate clinical conduct and performance, to include:
- productive and reliable work habits;
- ability to work in harmony with athletes, coaches, peers and certified faculty members;
- self-motivation and the commitment to execute tasks and responsibilities as assigned and directed;
- professional grooming, dress and appearance;
- willingness to assist others in the completion of tasks and responsibilities; and efficient and productive use of time.
Space may not be available for acceptance of additional students due to the limited and selective admissions policy of the program (if space is not available, the transfer student must apply during the next enrollment period).
Transfer students must enroll in the five semesters of clinical education and complete a minimum of 800 hours of clinical experience.