Transferring to the DWU Business Program
If you are transferring from another institution or if you have an associate’s degree and wish to earn a bachelor’s degree, DWU will work with you to create a plan for your ongoing education. Contact the DWU admissions office
to get a specific analysis of your situation in relation to the requirements of a bachelor’s degree from DWU. That analysis will include a plan for graduation which enables you to see how long it will take to complete each of the program options offered at DWU.
Dakota Wesleyan has agreements with Mitchell Technical Institute in 14 programs. These agreements enable an MTI grad from any of the approved programs to continue his/her education at DWU and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate business field in as little as two years. Completion of the B.S., when combined with the technical background gained at MTI, will position you to pursue a management career or run your own business related to your technical specialty.
Approved MTI Programs
- Accounting and Business Management
- Agricultural Technology
- Architectural Design and Building Construction
- Culinary Arts
- Electrical Construction and Maintenance
- Farm Power Technology
- Heating and Cooling Technology
- Information Systems Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Professional
- Office Technology Specialist
- Power Sports Technology
- Satellite Communications
- Welding and Manufacturing Technology
What you can look forward to
- Junior level status at DWU
- The opportunity to apply for scholarships
- Completion of your B.S. in approximately two years; your personal timeline depends on the courses you have already taken and the degree program you enter. The analysis of your individual goals and previous coursework will define your timeline.