Virtually 100 percent of DWU students receive some form of financial assistance with a significant number receiving merit, talent or athletic scholarships as part of that financial assistance.
Students who apply and are accepted for admission will be considered for academic scholarships based on their high school GPA and standardized testing scores (ACT/SAT). College transfer students are also eligible for scholarships based on previous college GPA.
Dakota Wesleyan University is a vibrant university community rooted in a strong commitment to academic excellence, career preparation and an individualized learning experience for each student. We encourage you to view our Net Price Calculator through our financial aid site.
For Transfer Students
- Institutional aid (scholarships, awards and grants) may not exceed the cost of tuition at Dakota Wesleyan University in any given year.
- Any student receiving a minimum of $12,000 in institutional aid is required to live on campus.
- First-time freshman scholarships or awards may be increased if the student’s GPA or ACT/SAT score increases before March 1 of the student’s senior year. Questions can be directed to the admissions office.
- Scholarship money awarded to new students attending the Huron Campus will not exceed $12,000 in any given year.
- Scholarships and awards are offered to full-time students, and most scholarships or awards are renewable for up to 10 semesters. Most Dakota Wesleyan University students complete their schooling in eight semesters.
DWU Transfer Award
Phi Theta Kappa Award
These awards range from $4,000- $12,000 based on previous academic performance.
Member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society are eligible. Verification of Phi Theta Kappa chapter membership by a chapter adviser is required. Awards given up to $2,000.
For United Methodist StudentsDWU United Methodist Recognition Award
Students must be a confirmed member of the United Methodist Church for at least a year. Certification form
United Methodist GBHEM and the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation Scholarships
Funded through the United Methodist General Board of Higher Education and Ministry and the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation. Applicants must have been an active member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year. These Methodist Scholarships do NOT automatically renew each year. For more information please click here
For Athletic, Music and Theatre Students
Awards are determined by coach or director, and audition or other assessment may be required in order to determine the student’s award. Please visit with the respective coach or director. These awards are available to incoming freshmen and transfer students.