McGovern Library enriches the student learning experience and encourages intellectual discovery by connecting people with high quality information.
McGovern Library fulfills its mission through the following objectives:
- To serve all members of the campus community by meeting their instructional, research, and general information needs.
- To select materials and develop collections in all appropriate formats that support the school's curriculum; that provide a variety of viewpoints on issues; and that are responsive to the needs and potentials of DWU students, faculty and staff.
- To provide access to local, regional, and worldwide information sources.
- To support and assist the DWU community in effectively and efficiently locating, selecting, evaluating, and using information by providing both one-on-one and classroom library instruction.
- To provide a user-friendly environment appropriate for study and research in which assistance is offered and questions are encouraged.
- To preserve and facilitate access to special collections, including archival materials.
- To support and participate in local, regional, national, and international networks that share resources and services.
- To make optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources in providing library services in an ever-changing information environment.
- To provide instructional technology services for classroom instruction.
- To provide a wide array of technological resources, ranging from traditional audio-visual equipment to current multimedia technologies.