The application for the LPN-RN Program in Sioux Falls can be completed online. For questions regarding the LPN-RN admission process, contact Fredel Thomas at 1-800-333-8506 or email@example.com
Applicants must provide documentation
of the following requirements before the Nursing Admission Committee will review an application for admission to the LPN-RN Program in Sioux Falls:
- Licensed Practical Nursing diploma from an accredited higher education institution.
- Copy of current licensure as an LPN in South Dakota
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 or above in college, university, vocational and technical school coursework. No support course can be repeated more than one time. Official transcripts are needed before the start of classes. Unofficial transcripts may be used for provisional acceptance purposes.
- Official copy of high school transcript or GED.
- Employer verification of employment as LPN for minimum of six months. Those students who are practicing LPNs at the time of application review will receive higher priority for acceptance.
- Nursing supervisor/manager letter of reference including, nursing skill and care competencies, working relationships with healthcare team members, communication skills, professional conduct and appearance, and attendance.
- Prerequisite courses are required to be completed or successfully challenged.
First priority for admission to the LPN-RN Nursing Program is given to applicants meeting all admission requirements by October 1. Qualified applicants will be admitted on a space available basis after October 1. If there is not an available opening for the LPN-RN Nursing Program, students who have met admission requirements and been accepted will be put on a waiting list and be notified by DWU Admissions if an opening becomes available.
An admission appeal process exists for students who do not meet the above requirements but have extenuating circumstances. Address written requests of appeal to the Nursing Admission Committee and mail to Dakota Wesleyan University, Attn: Admissions, 1200 West University Avenue, Mitchell, SD 57301.
The following requirements must be met before students can participate in clinical experiences: