It is the policy of Dakota Wesleyan University that all students live on campus unless one of the following applies to you by the first day of the semester:
- you are under the age of 18
- you are 21 years of age or older by the first day of the semester
- you are married
- you have dependent children living with you
- you have been disciplinarily dismissed or banned from the residence halls
- you will be living with a parent(s) or legal guardian within 40 miles of the campus. This may require substantiation via parent or guardian signature
- you are enrolled as a part-time student (less than 12 credits)
Any student receiving more than $12,000 in institutional aid is required to live on campus, regardless of meeting other criteria. To live off campus the student will reduce their scholarship to $12,000. Undergraduate international students studying at DWU on an F-1 Student Visa are required to live on campus.
Please visit the Student Handbook for more information.