Returner Housing Form
Returning DWU Student Housing Process - FORMS DUE by Wednesday, March 30th at 5:00 p.m.
1. Students will sign up as a group or on their own.
2. The person or group with the highest number of completed credits will be placed first.
3. Only one person per group needs to fill out the housing form below.
4. When listing preferred roommates, make sure you communicate to all desired roommates before submitting the form. This can help eliminate the possibility of awkward tension among friends who are left out of the group. The key is to talk ahead of time (a lot) so everyone knows everyone else's plan.
5. Do not select the same housing option more than once. We will be unable to apply your preferences if we do not have a second or third option.
6. If a student has overdue conduct remediation, he or she is not eligible to apply for housing until all sanctions have been completed.
7. Single room are offered only when space allows.
All students who live in Allen Hall or the Apartments have an opportunity to squat (stay in) their current room. In order to squat, the squatters must consist of at least 50% of the current residents and the room must be completely occupied (i.e. to squat a pod of six, at least three of the current residents of that pod must stay along with three new residents). If the current residents cannot agree on who will squat the room, squatting rights will be forfeited.
Displaced Student Housing
All students being removed from their current room by administration may claim a residency. Displaced students may squat any open room within Allen Hall, but it must be completely occupied.
Things to consider when listing housing preferences...
Allen (pods) can accommodate about 111 residents, the Allen apartments can accommodate about 60 residents, and Koka can accommodate about 35 residents (male) - so plan accordingly and always have a plan B, C, or even D!
*The West House will not be available for student housing next year.