Blog: Click HERE
R105, The Village, 1st Floor of the Rollins Campus Center
Brandon grew up in Bismarck, ND, graduating from Bismarck High School in 1999. He attended Dakota Wesleyan University from 1999-2003, graduating with a triple major in communication, human services and multimedia. While at DWU, he participated in a variety of activities including forensics and campus ministry.
Shortly after graduation (6 days to be exact), he married Vicky Peterson, a 2003 graduate of DWU with a bachelor’s degree in religion/philosophy and human services. They moved to Kentucky where Brandon earned a Master’s of Divinity degree from Asbury Theological Seminary
in May of 2006. He is an ordained pastor in the United Methodist Church
assigned to serve the campus of Dakota Wesleyan. Brandon also serves as one of the leaders for Fusion
, a 21st century missional gathering out of Mitchell First United Methodist Church
In his seventh year as campus pastor, Brandon is proud to partner with the Student Ministry Council to follow God’s movements on campus and around the world. Over the past few years, God has indeed blessed campus worship times, small group studies, and service and mission projects in Mitchell, in South Dakota, in the US, and around the world.
In his free time, Brandon enjoys walking, geocaching
, playing guitar, riding motorcycle, reading and watching movies. Vicky and Brandon have two children: Miranda & Elijah.
Office Phone: 605.995.2919
Office Location: R105, The Village, 1st Floor of the Rollins Campus Center
If one were to describe Brian in brief, it would probably look like this:
- He married way out of his league
- Compassionate to a fault
- Can almost play any instrument with strings or ones that you hit with sticks
- Star Wars, ‘nuff said
- Loves young people and desires to see them be who they are supposed to be
- Needs Jesus every day, because he is an EPIC:FAIL at life without Him
- Poet, preacher, prophet, button pusher; not necessarily in that order
Brian grew up in Sheridan, Wyo., after his parents retired from the Navy. He graduated from Sheridan High School and Sheridan Community College in the early ’90s. He then finally listened to Jesus and dedicated his life to fulltime ministry. After moving to Oklahoma Wesleyan University and studying pastoral and youth ministry, he met and married his amazing wife Tonya. After graduating, they set on an adventure in ministry in South Dakota and Wyoming and finally settling Mitchell. He now is happily ministering to young adults at DWU. He has two boys, Nathanael and Nahum.
In his spare time, Brian loves movies, poetry, making music, shooting guns of all sizes, and filling his passport with stamps from around the world. His goal is to visit every continent at least once. He has three down, and four to go.
Our vision is to reflect the DNA of DWU through…
- Engaging the head and the heart in learning
- Training a new generation for Christian leadership
- Unashamed expression of faith in Jesus Christ
- Regular service opportunities in Mitchell, South Dakota and the world
- Intentional recruitment of diverse cultures and denominations
- Continuing relationship with the United Methodist Church