Following Prexy Lodge's conversion to the music school in 1937, this beautiful home became the official residence of the president. The first administration to occupy the home was sometime during 1938 or 1939. From 1969 until 1994 it was the home of a DWU professor.
Thanks to an estate gift from alumni James and Ethel Grandy, the house received a much-needed facelift during the summer of 2001. The house was renamed the Grandy Alumni House in 2003 and served as such until the summer of 2009, when it was renovated into campus housing for students.