Hughes Hall was built in 1912 as Science Hall and is one of the last of the original campus buildings. It was renamed Hughes Science Hall in honor and memory of Dr. Clifford Hughes, who was a graduate of the university, and used to house all science classes on campus. Many classes are still held in Hughes, primarily history, communication and theatre. The name of the building became Hughes Hall (sans science) after the Glenda K. Corrigan Health Sciences Center was opened in 2013, moving all science classes to the new facility.
and the Equitem Theatre-in-the-Round are also in Hughes, as well as the Snackpack Program, a non-profit program in Mitchell that provides weekend lunches for elementary students and is spearheaded by DWU alumna Cindy Novachich '90 and assisted by the DWU club Enactus