Constructed in 1906 as a home for the president, Prather Hall originally was known as Prexy Lodge. Because of its architecture and size (9,000 square feet) it was considered a showplace in Mitchell. In 1937, it was converted into the university's music school and the building was renamed Music Hall. No longer affiliated with the music department, the building was renamed Prather Hall in 1996 after the late Dorothy Prather. Interior and exterior renovation was completed in 1997.
Prather is now home to the Advancement and Alumni