McGovern Center for Leadership and Public Service
Student Program Coordinator
Have a passion for causes such as youth education, homelessness, arts and culture, health and wellness, environmental conservation, and social justice? Looking to strengthen your leadership skills and experience in civic engagement?
The McGovern Center is hiring undergrad program coordinators for the academic year (2018–2019). McGovern program coordinators provide leadership and support for a range of activities throughout the year; serve as ongoing resources for students, student organizations, and community partners; and positively represent the McGovern Center and DWU in a variety of roles.
Location: McGovern offices are located on the main floor of the library.
Hours: Up to 10 per week, including office hours and project related work outside the office.
Requirement: Must be registered as a full-time undergraduate at DWU.
- Available during regular office hours on select weekdays, Monday through Friday, with some evening and weekend hours. Work hours will be based on office need and student availability.
- Provide leadership and support for Center activities, including service-learning projects in the community, student internships, and campus-wide initiatives.
- Provide leadership and support for Center events including World Hunger Summit, campus forums, and the Campus Compact conference.
- Assist director and faculty with community-based learning course design and implementation across DWU.
- Represent the McGovern Center throughout campus (student government, clubs, athletic teams, campus housing) and the community (nonprofits, public agencies, businesses) to promote student volunteer opportunities.
- Manage online outreach strategies including website, events calendar, and news (blog) and weekly campus e-newsletter.
- Respond to student, campus, and community inquiries —telephone, email, and in person — in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist with research projects on topics covering civic engagement and foundation support.
- Perform general office duties such as making copies, filing, online research, event registration processing, and volunteer signups.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings (Day/Time TBD)
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in student leadership, community volunteering, or related activities.
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse student, faculty, and staff population.
- Enthusiastic and collaborative member of the McGovern team.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and self-motivation.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Friendly, positive, and professional.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume in one file (PDF) to Dr. Alisha Vincent, Alisha.Vincent@dwu.edu. Please indicate whether or not you are work-study eligible. Positions open until filled.
DWU is an equal opportunity employer.