The DWU/Avera Sports and Wellness Complex is DWU’s newest building, and it is located on the south side of campus, across Norway Avenue from the current Christen Family Athletic Center.
The new wellness complex is an 87,000-plus-square-foot, one-story facility. The building includes:
- The Donna and Paul Christen Community Health & Fitness Center, managed by GreatLIFE. For membership information, call 605-995-2888.
- A 200-meter track in the Glenda and Fritz Corrigan Field House. Walking track access is available for GreatLIFE members, or separate walking track passes may be purchased from GreatLIFE.
- Locker rooms are available for public use.
- Locker rooms for student-athlete use.
- A fully equipped wrestling room
- Sport courts in the field house include possible set-ups for basketball, tennis and indoor soccer
- Classroom space for fitness or traditional classes