Academic Technology Specialist—In Support of Teaching and Learning
Dakota Wesleyan University in Mitchell, South Dakota invites applications for the full-time, twelve-month, salaried position of Academic Technology Specialist. The Academic Technology Specialist assists in fulfilling the teaching and learning mission of the university by supporting faculty members in their use of academic technologies that strengthen student engagement, learning, and success. Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s credentials and experience.
The successful candidate will
- Have a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field with at least two years of related work experience or an Associate degree and four years of directly related work experience.
- Have experience working with learning management system software in the context of higher education.
- Have knowledge of digital learning platforms.
- Have a team orientation with strong interpersonal skills – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Have experience with instructional technology, a/v event support services, video technologies, or other related fields is preferred.
- Have knowledge of a variety of educational software/apps and emerging software/apps
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Possess strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Be confident and comfortable developing and delivering trainings (large group, small group, and individualized) for faculty regarding the use of the LMS as an instructional tool.
- Be confident providing ongoing coaching, feedback, and support to faculty on the use of digital tools in support of teaching and learning.
All applications should include a letter of interest addressing the candidate’s interest in and qualifications for the position, a current resume, and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of three professional references. Original college transcripts and a background check will be required before a formal appointment is made.
You can learn more about Dakota Wesleyan at https://www.dwu.edu/.
Please submit materials electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Academic Technology in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Dakota Wesleyan reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions.
Dakota Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and provider.