Communication Adjunct Faculty Position
Dakota Wesleyan University in Mitchell, South Dakota, invites applications for a part-time adjunct faculty position in Communication. The successful candidate will teach one or more sections of COM 101—Fundamentals of Speech Communication (pending enrollment). The start date is mid-August, 2022.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a PhD, MA or other graduate degree in communication or in a related field.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Be prepared to teach one or more sections of COM 101.
- Be firmly committed to high quality, reflexive teaching and be current with best practices in writing and composition pedagogies.
- Have demonstrable, successful experience as a teacher at the college level (or demonstrable promise thereof).
Essential, ongoing responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Successfully teaching COM 101.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the department (and within the college, and across campus as necessary).
- Engaging in assessment activities as necessary.
- Acting in a professional and collegial manner (this includes maintaining a regular and ongoing presence on campus, maintaining confidentiality as required, holding regular office hours, and being accessible to students and colleagues).
- Participating in evaluations as necessary.
All candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of successful college-level teaching, including strong professor-student relationships, commitment to student development, and evidence-based pedagogical practice. All applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of four professional references. Original transcripts and a background check will be required before an appointment is made.
Please submit materials electronically via email to email@example.com. Please write Communication in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Dakota Wesleyan reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions.
Dakota Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and provider.