Learn & Earn Site Coordinator—Pierre, SD
Dakota Wesleyan University in Mitchell, South Dakota is working to re-imagine higher education in Pierre and in other rural communities across the Northern Great Plains through the launch of its Learn & Earn program. The innovative Learn & Earn program will launch in Pierre in fall 2021 and integrates college-level learning with professional work experience to create an affordable pathway to a career and an associate degree in 16 months (with the option for students to continue with their education to earn a bachelor’s degree).
The university invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month, salaried position to serve as the Learn & Earn Coordinator for Pierre. Once the program launches in August 2021, the candidate must be willing to live in, or commute to, Pierre. Prior to the program launch the candidate will be expected to work with faculty and staff on the Mitchell campus and be willing to commute periodically to Mitchell.
The successful candidate will
- Be passionate about helping students (particularly those from underserved and/or rural backgrounds) achieve professional and academic success.
- Be enthusiastic about building a new model of higher education.
- Demonstrate adaptability and adaptive thinking.
- Have experience leading quality improvement processes that involve managing change.
- Have a demonstrable and successful history of managing innovative environments in either business or education.
- Be familiar with effective strategies for teaching and learning.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office as well as in using technology for education and management.
- Have a demonstrable and successful history of self-motivation and working independently.
- Hold a bachelors or master’s degree and have significant professional experience in business, education, or government.
Candidates will be considered until October 31st with a start date of no later than January 1st, 2021.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
All applications must include a letter of interest addressing what it is about this position that the candidate finds attractive and/or compelling, a resume, and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of three professional references. Original college transcripts and a background check will be required before a formal appointment is made.
You can learn more about Dakota Wesleyan at https://www.dwu.edu/.
You can learn more about the university’s new Learn & Earn program at https://www.dwu.edu/academics/learn-earn.
Please submit materials electronically via email to email@example.com. Please write Learn & Earn in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Dakota Wesleyan reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions.
Dakota Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
DWU’s campuses are tobacco free.