Nursing Adjunct — Clinical Teaching Assistant
Dakota Wesleyan University invites applications for the Sioux Falls Nursing Campus for a part-time, adjunct, clinical teaching assistant position. Start date is September 2021 as will work as students in a clinical setting and will be responsible for the assessment and evaluation of student performance. Clinical sessions will for 8-12-hour shifts.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a graduate degree in nursing or a related field.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Have previous experience in medical/surgical background
- Be firmly committed to high quality teaching in a clinical setting.
- Have demonstrable, successful experience as a teacher (or demonstrable promise thereof).
Essential, ongoing responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Successfully teaching sections of clinical nursing under the direction of the course lead faculty.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the department as necessary.
- Engaging in ongoing professional development and remaining current in one’s discipline and areas of specialization.
- Acting in a professional and collegial manner (this includes maintaining confidentiality as required and being accessible to students and colleagues).
- Participating in evaluations as appropriate.
All candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of successful teaching (or the promise thereof), including strong teacher-student relationships, and commitment to student development. All applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae / resume, and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of four professional references. Original transcripts and background check will be required before an appointment is made.
Please submit materials electronically via email to email@example.com. Please write Clinical Nursing in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Dakota Wesleyan reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions.
Dakota Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and provider.