Nursing Adjunct—Clinical Teaching Assistant Position
Dakota Wesleyan University invites applications for the Mitchell Nursing Campus for a part-time, adjunct, clinical teaching assistant position. Start date is September 2020 as will work as needed during the academic year. The successful candidate will supervise and engage nursing students in a clinical setting and under the direction of the course lead faculty provides input for the evaluation of student performance. Clinical sessions will for 8-12-hour shifts.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold an MSN or being working toward an MSN.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Have previous experience in medical/surgical background
- Be firmly committed to high quality teaching in a clinical setting.
- Have demonstrable, successful experience as a teacher (or demonstrable promise thereof).
Essential, ongoing responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Successfully teaching sections of clinical nursing.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the department as necessary.
- Engaging in ongoing professional development and remaining current in one’s discipline and areas of specialization.
- Engaging in ongoing assessment activities.
- Acting in a professional and collegial manner (this includes maintaining confidentiality as required and being accessible to students and colleagues).
- Participating in evaluations as appropriate.
All candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of successful teaching (or the promise thereof), including strong teacher-student relationships, and commitment to student development. All applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae / resume, and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of four professional references. Original transcripts and background check will be required before an appointment is made.
Please submit materials electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Clinical Nursing in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Dakota Wesleyan reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions.
Dakota Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and provider.