Welcome, international students!
If you are an international student who has completed secondary school, you are invited to apply to DWU as either a first-time student or a transfer student.
Our deadlines for applying are July 15 for fall admission, and November 1 for spring admission.
If you are an international student, you should be aware that, unfortunately, our online programs will not be available to you due to the limitations of F-1 Visa regulations. This includes all of our graduate programs as well as our RN to B.S. undergraduate program.
To apply to be a student at DWU, you will need:
- The application for admission.
- Official academic records from all secondary schools and postsecondary education.
Official transcripts from all international secondary and postsecondary institutions must be evaluated, course by course, by the Education Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Evaluations (InCRED) before your official acceptance for admission. It is your responsibility to complete and pay for the application process.
- Proof of English proficiency.
For international students whose native language is not English, you must verify English proficiency by either:
- Taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Submit the official TOEFL examination scores to Dakota Wesleyan University (School Code 6155). You must score at least 500 (paper-based), 200 (computer-based) or 71 (internet-based).
- Taking the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination. You must score a 6 or higher on this test.
- As proof of financial support, we require the DWU Statement of Financial Responsibility for International Students form be completed in full and mailed with appropriate documentation to DWU Admissions.
- A completed Dakota Wesleyan University Student Health Form, Student Physical Form, and copy of immunization records showing proof of two MMR vaccines (measles, mumps and rubella). Immunization requirements can be found on the Student Health Form.
Click here to learn more about the community.
If you have questions or wish for additional information, please call us at 800-333-8506 or contact us online using this form.