How to Apply for Veterans' Benefits
Before applying for veterans' benefits the student should complete the following steps:
- Be admitted to Dakota Wesleyan University.
- Have all transcripts from previous schools sent to the admissions and registrar's offices.
- Declare your major degree of study with the registrar's office.
- Be registered for classes in the semester you wish to receive benefits.
Veterans' Online Application
The Veterans Online Application website is an official U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website that enables service members, veterans and their beneficiaries, and other designated individuals to apply for benefits using the Internet.
- DD214 - This must be certified by the county clerk's office in the county you are residing.
- Dates and locations of military training.
- 22-1990 - Application for educational benefits.
- Notice of Basic Eligibility - only needed from National Guard members.
Those veterans who have Chapter 30 or 1606 benefits need to complete enrollment certification each month. This can be accomplished on the web or by phone. It is the student's responsibilty to complete the enrollment certification.
US Department of Veterans Affairs
Telephone: 1 (888) 442-4551
DWU Contact Information
Phone: (605) 995-2647
Phone: (605) 995-2693