Rights and Responsibilities
As a student at DWU, you will have certain rights as well as certain responsibilities. You might think of your rights as what you are entitled to, and your responsibilities as your entry into true adulthood.
- To know what financial assistance programs are offered.
- To know the deadlines for submitting applications for each of the financial assistance programs offered.
- To know how financial assistance decisions are made and will be given to you.
- To know how we figured out your financial need.
- To know what resources (such as parental contribution, other financial assistance and assets) were considered in calculated the amount of your financial need.
- To ask for an explanation of the various programs in student aid packages.
- To know our policy about refunds.
- To know how to pay back financial assistance.
- To know how we determine satisfactory progress and what happens if that progress is not made.
- To carefully think about all the information we provide to you about our programs and performance before deciding to attend DWU.
- To complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the correct place.
- To provide correct information (if you misreport information on financial assistance application forms it is a violation of law and may be considered a criminal offense that could result in indictment under the U.S. Criminal Code).
- To return all additional documentation, verification, correct and/or new information requested by either the Financial Aid Office or the agency to which applications are submitted.
- To read and understand (please ask for help if you don’t understand!) all forms that you are asked to sign. You should keep copies of them.
- To accept responsibility for all agreements signed.
- To do the work that you agree to when you accept a work-study program award.
- To be aware of and comply with the deadlines for application or reapplication for aid.
- To be aware of the school's refund procedures.
- To repay immediately upon demand all financial assistance over awards or misappropriations.
Questions? Contact us at any time.