Director of McGovern Library
Dakota Wesleyan University in Mitchell, South Dakota seeks an innovative and strategic leader to assume the directorship of the university’s McGovern Library. The director of McGovern Library is responsible for all library operations and the management of the facility. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with library staff, academic affairs, and information technology (IT) to offer a breadth of academic and student support services. The director of McGovern Library will help lead campus-wide efforts to incorporate and assess information literacy in students’ academic and co-curricular programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Position Include the Following:
- Developing and managing the budget for library services.
- Overseeing the implementation of the library’s strategic plan to advance the library’s mission and vision.
- Providing instruction and assistance to patrons on the use of all library services, including consistent outreach to academic programs and classroom visits.
- Coordinating advertising and marketing to promote the library’s programs, resources, and services.
- Facilitating access to the library’s collection and resources through a variety of formats.
- Maintaining close relationships with content providers, vendors, and campus partners.
- Being professionally active; identifying and participating in professional development opportunities.
- Creating a collaborative learning space that maximizes student and faculty use of library resources; collecting and assessing data to evaluate student benefit from library services and usage to ensure alignment of programs.
- Overseeing, supporting, and evaluating library staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold an MLIS degree.
- Possess successful managerial experience of library staff and/or experience managing signature library projects or initiatives.
- Possess successful experience with library strategic planning and program development.
- Be committed to continuously seeking to discern the evolving role of libraries and librarians within the context of shifting information and learning environments.
- Have experience with archival best practices and cataloging.
- Be committed to strengthening the information and digital literacies of the entire campus community.
- Embrace working collaboratively with multiple offices and constituencies.
Complete applications should include a letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of four professional references. Original transcripts and background check will be required before an appointment is made.
Please submit application materials electronically via email to the Dakota Wesleyan’s Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please write McGovern Library in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Dakota Wesleyan reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions.
Dakota Wesleyan is an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming and encouraging applications from members of underrepresented groups. DWU is a tobacco free campus.