Are there specific Scholarships available for TRiO Student Support Services participants? Yes!
The Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2001 (P.L. 106-554) amended the
Student Support Services (SSS) Program to permit grant aid scholarships to students. SSS participants must meet ALL of the following eligibility criteria to be considered for the TRiO Student Support Grant Scholarship:
Active participation includes
- In first two years of postsecondary education (3rd yr students considered based on funding)
- Federal Pell Grant recipient
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits
utilizing and investing in support services such as:
- Professional Mentoring; four 1:1 appointments with your SSS Success Advisor per semester
- Educational and/or Cultural Events –Emails regarding TRiO events will be sent to students weekly. Events will also be posted on our Facebook page and our monthly SSS newsletter.
- Peer Tutoring; individual and or group
- Peer Assistants; 1:1 meetings, workshops, and or events
- Personal Counseling with the campus counselor
- Learning Lab
All SSS students who met the eligibility and participation criteria as noted above are automatically considered for this scholarship.