Educating Leaders to Think Entrepreneurially
Embrace your innovative side.
DWU’s unique fusion of subjects – business, English, mathematics and others – will foster your creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. Be a problem solver, someone who can look at old challenges in new ways, building solutions, and possibly, jobs.
True entrepreneurs and innovative thinkers are needed in communities, organizations and businesses that want to build a successful future.
We will provide you with the tools you will need to be ready for the challenges that come your way.
The Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program is just one of the many resources we offer to help entrepreneurial leadership grow in our community.
Each entrepreneur-in-residence shares his or her successes and lessons learned. Their experiences plus your coursework will create a foundation for your success.
Don’t miss your chance to brainstorm with a pro!
Small Business Development Center
The Kelley Center is the home of the South Dakota Small Business Development Center (SBDC), which offers free business consulting services to students and community members.
This partnership allows new entrepreneurs to realize their dream of becoming a business owner or keeping their existing businesses on the cutting edge.
Our SBDC outreach provides professional, confidential and no-cost business consulting.
For more information about the South Dakota SBDC call 605-665-0751 or visit sdbusinesshelp.com.
C.E.O. Student Club
The Kelley Center sponsors CEO, the Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization.
- CEO is the top creative business network with chapters on university campuses across North America and beyond. CEO currently supports entrepreneurship in more than 200 chapters in more than 43 states.
- CEO’s mission is to inform, support and inspire you to be entrepreneurial and seek opportunity through enterprise creation.
- CEO seeks to allow students like you to take part in events, chapter activities and conferences that will inspire entrepreneurial thinking. The highlight of our year's activities is the national conference hosted each fall.
- CEO students keep in mind current economic, social and environmental factors while they apply business and economic concepts to developing outreach projects. All of this is meant to improve the quality of life for people in need.
- CEO’s leadership and career initiatives create new and unique opportunities for learning and exchange between our club members. We also hope these events will create job opportunities for you and alumni with companies looking for new talent.
For more information on this student organization, check out www.c-e-o.org.