We are here for you
We are here for you
Physical Health and Wellness
We have a registered nurse available to help you with your health and wellness needs. Just visit Student Health Services on the lower level of the Rollins Campus Center.
If you need a physician or require more immediate medical attention, you may be referred to a local doctor if necessary. In an emergency, the Avera Queen of Peace Emergency Room is nearby.
Mandatory Health Forms
- Complete the Student Health Form on TigerGO.
- Dakota Wesleyan University requires that all full-time students carrying 12 or more credit hours must have a billable major medical insurance policy. Check with your individual policy provider for details about your coverage. Submit a photocopy of your medical insurance card on TigerGo.
- Submit an official copy of your completed immunization record to the DWU Campus Nurse:
Dakota Wesleyan University
1200 W. University Ave., Box 926
Mitchell, SD 57301
Scan and email as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your ongoing wellness activity, the DWU/Avera Sports and Wellness Complex is available 24/7. All full-time students are automatically members of the GreatLIFE, which means you can use other GreatLIFE facilities if you travel. The 200-meter track is available for running and walking year round.
We offer on-campus counseling services with a trained and licensed counselor here to help you sort through the issues that often come up in a student’s life: relationships, adjusting to campus life, academic struggles, addiction, stress and mental health issues—whatever you need to talk about. All sessions are free of charge and completely confidential. Your clinical file is not a part of your academic records, and it is protected under HIPAA.
Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Drop-ins are welcomed and encouraged! Scheduled appointments are also available.
If you prefer, the campus counselor can provide referrals for licensed, outpatient therapists in the Mitchell community. Outpatient therapy services in the community are not covered by Dakota Wesleyan University, and therefore, at the student’s own expense.
Kimberly Lienemann, M.A.
Student ministries works to create a safe and welcoming place where you can ask the tough questions of faith, discern your calling in life and grow in your faith alongside like-minded Christians.
- You can be involved in student ministries regardless of your church background. It does not matter if you have gone to church all your life or if you are just curious about this God-thing. We want to walk with you on your journey with Christ.
- You may qualify for a Scholarship. Any student who pledges to be active in student ministries at DWU may be eligible to receive a Christian Leadership award of up to $4,000.
- You can participate in a wide-range of activities. You will have the opportunity to participate in Thursday chapel, small group studies, worship under the stars, retreats, outreach/mission projects or anything that fuels your passion to serve and worship God. We will help you find your passion and align it with your strengths.
- You can travel on domestic and international mission trips. Past mission trips have gone to Peru, Mexico, Kenya, Uganda and Kansas City. The trips are an opportunity for students to put their faith into action and better understand the world and their role in it.
Campus Worship Services
We offer weekly worship experiences on campus, as well as several other seasonal and special services. All services are open to seekers and believers, to growth and questions, to commitment and passion, and to service and witness. While it’s not mandatory, participating in campus ministry worship and activities can help you make friends and provide you with an extensive support system.
- Weekly worship: 11 a.m. in the Sherman Center every Thursday.
- Worship Under the Stars is an evening worship centered around music, scripture and prayer. Worship Under the Stars happens in a variety of settings on selected Monday nights during the semester.
- Fusion United Methodist Church meets every Sunday in the Sherman Center. Fusion offers a great opportunity for contemporary worship with students and those from the Mitchell community.
If you have any questions about campus ministry, please contact the DWU campus pastor.