Dakota Wesleyan University requires all student born after 12-31-56 to provide medically signed proof of:
- Two properly administered MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) vaccinations.
- Immune titers for Measles (Rubeola), Mumps and Rubella (German Measles)
- Written notice from a health care provider that the student has a hypersensitivity or anaphylactic response to the MMR serum.
Official documentation from a physician’s office, department of health, high school or other university is acceptable.
Dakota Wesleyan University, in compliance with the American College Health Association and the South Dakota Department of Health, recommends that incoming students have the following vaccines:
- The series of three Hepatitis B vaccines. This is mandatory for students pursuing athletic training and nursing.
- A Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine for serogroups A, C, Y and W-135
- A Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine for serogroup B
- Documentation of two doses of Varivax, results of a blood test on a laboratory form or documentation from a doctor recording the chicken pox disease. This is mandatory for students pursuing athletic training and nursing.
- One dose of adult Tdap, or Td following within 10 years of the adults Tdap. This is mandatory for students pursuing athletic training and nursing.
- COVID-19 vaccine
- Influenza vaccine
These diseases are preventable. Ask your health care provider about receiving these vaccines.
Prior to registering for classes, Dakota Wesleyan University requires the immunization form completed and signed by your healthcare provider OR a current copy of your complete immunization
record in place signed DWU immunization form.
Required Immunization Form
Clinical requirements for DWU Nursing Students.