We are driven by difference.
- Student population: 904
- Student to faculty ratio: 12:1
- 100% of full-time on-campus students receive aid
- 100% of nursing graduates succeed in finding employment in their profession
- 100% of graduates said their critical-thinking skills have grown stronger as a result of their time at DWU
- 100% of education graduates are working as teachers or attending graduate school within 6 months of graduation
- 99% of graduates recommend DWU to a student seeking a quality educational experience
- 99% of graduates said professors provided them with opportunities to apply classroom learning to real-life situations
- 98% of graduates said that instructors were willing to meet with them outside of class to discuss questions and concerns
- 96% of graduates are employed full time or attending graduate school
- 94% of graduates agreed that their experience at DWU prepared and inspired them to lead of life of learning, leadership, faith and service
- 90% of graduates are placed into the medical or other healthcare-related programs
- 30% of students are first generation, meaning parents did not complete a 4-year degree.
- 30+ clubs and organizations
- 16 intercollegiate teams
- Member of NAIA Great Plains Athletic Conference
- Mascot: Tiger
We Are Honored.
- NAIA Champions of Character Five-Star Institution
- Bronze Military Friendly School
- Prairie Business Magazine: 50 Best Places to Work
U.S. News & World Report:
- Best Regional Colleges
- Best Value Schools
- Top 50 Performers on Social Mobility
- Best Online Master’s in Education Program
- Best Online MBA Program
- Best Colleges in South Dakota
- Best in Nursing
- Best Master’s in Training and Development (MAT)
- DWU Cares: a day dedicated to community-wide service projects.
- Every student organization and athletic team commits to at least one community service project per semester.
- 24-hour Mac lab
- DNA sequencer in the biochemistry department
- Sen. George and Eleanor McGovern Center and Legacy Museum
- Five residence halls: traditional, pods and apartments
- Education department connected to L.B. Williams Elementary School
- Dakota Discovery Museum
- Glenda K. Corrigan Health Sciences Center: offering the latest in research facilities and simulation labs.
- DWU/Avera Sports and Wellness Complex
- School of Business, Innovation and Leadership