Belong to a community where you matter
Ready to apply? Let’s do this! Applying at DWU is free and easy to complete.
If you are
a traditional undergraduate student, a transfer student, applying to Learn & Earn
or to our LPN-B.S. program, this is the place for you.
ACT/SAT Test Optional
At Dakota Wesleyan University, you do not have to submit your ACT or SAT test scores with your application.
DWU aims to remove barriers that may impede some students’ ability to pursue a Dakota Wesleyan education. With that aim, DWU no longer requires first-year students to submit their standardized test scores as a part of their application. There are exceptions for certain students/programs where scores are required.
- Must have maintained a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0.
- At this time, because of NAIA eligibility rules, student athletes are required to submit official scores in order to be declared eligible for competition. These scores are submitted to both DWU and the NAIA.
- International students are still required to submit English Language Test Scores (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE) or College Preparation Test Scores (ACT, SAT) for admission consideration.
- Homeschooled students without a transcript
Early Admission (Direct-Entry) Nursing Applicants
- Students wishing to be considered for direct-entry admission into our nursing program should submit test scores. Students who choose not to submit test scores during the application process may still declare a nursing major but will apply for entry into the program during their second year at DWU.
Other outside scholarships
- Scholarships offered by entities other than DWU may require a standardized test score, including but not limited to Dakota Corps, South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship and others.
If you have already submitted your test scores, or the scores appear on your high school transcript, and you wish to apply test-optional, the scores will not be considered in the application review process. As a university that is dedicated to the one-on-one experience, we are ready to evaluate any changes you make regarding your decision to apply test-optional or not. Please address any questions to your admissions counselor.
Not Ready to Apply Yet?
That’s totally fine. The best way to determine whether DWU is the place for you is to visit. When you visit, one of our student ambassadors will guide your tour of campus. We have new, student-centered academic and recreational buildings, our outdoor space is beautiful and the people you meet will welcome you warmly to our community. Shake hands with our professors and coaches and get to know our diverse student body as you absorb what it means to be a Tiger. Schedule your visit today.
Important Admission Information
We also want you to know that no applicant will be denied admission because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, genetic information, age or other impermissible factors. The university reserves the right to deny admission or continued enrollment to any student who imposes an unreasonable risk of harm to the health, safety, welfare or property of the university, members of the university community or him/herself.
Please also note that some of our programs have special requirements for admission, and so if you are denied admission into athletic training, education or nursing, you may be eligible for admission into other programs.
Higher Learning Commission
DWU is institutionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.