Find Additional Funding
There are many opportunities for scholarships through organizations and resources beyond Dakota Wesleyan University.
Native American Students: If you are an enrolled member of a Native American tribe, contact your tribal office for information about Native American scholarship resources.
Big Future College Board Scholarship Search
Find scholarships, other financial aid and internships from more than 2,200 programs, totaling nearly $6 billion. All of the scholarship information is based on the College Board's Annual Survey of Financial Aid Programs.
The Citizens Scholarship Sweepstakes
The Citizens Scholarship Sweepstakes is open to high school seniors, undergraduate and graduate students as well as their parents or sponsors to help them pay for college. Entering is easy, all they need to do is fill out the registration form online and submit.
College Ave Student Loan Search
Access multiple college scholarships offering. Find scholarships that match your talent and interests.
How to Apply
Click here for more information.
College Ave Monthly Scholarship
$1000 a month (You can enter every month, even if you have won in the past.)
How to Apply
Click here for more information.
Completing the Dream Scholarship Program
This semester, The Sallie Mae Fund, in partnership with Thurgood Marshall College Fund, will award 250 gap scholarships up to $2,500 to students who are in their final year of postsecondary education program but need additional funds to cover a financial need.
Selected students must be in good academic standing but at risk of not completing or graduating due to an outstanding financial need.
For more info on how students can apply, visit salliemae.com/landing/completing-the-dream/.
Discover Student Loans – Scholarship Sweepstakes
2022 General Board of Higher Education and Ministry (GBHEM) Scholarship Application
- Open December, 15 - March, 24
- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Be a member of the United Methodist Church for at least one year
- Attend an accredited institution within the U.S.
- More information is available at www.gbhem.org/loans-scholarships/scholarships/apply
- Notification of selection results will be June - July 2022
- Funds disbursed: August - October 2022
OppU Achievers Scholarship
Celebrates students who transform opportunity into results. It rewards achievement in its many forms and honors those who create opportunity for both themselves and others.
- A student must be enrolled full time in high school or at least part time in college, graduate, professional, or trade school
- Possess a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0
- Be a U.S. citizen.
How to Apply
To apply for the OppU Achievers Scholarship, submit a short essay responding to the prompted question. Scholarship decisions are based solely on an applicant's essay response. Visit opploans.com/scholarship to complete the application.
March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31
Red Cross Collegiate Leadership Program
Through the Collegiate Leadership Program, you’ll become part of a special tradition of young people who work with the Red Cross, the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) to:
- Inspire a new generation of Red Cross volunteers and leaders
- Promote diversity of Red Cross Blood Services Regions’ donor recruitment
- Champion a philanthropic cause • Impact local communities
- Empower through training, mentoring and networking opportunities
- Foster leadership opportunities
Program Benefits – Participating student-leaders receive:
- A $2000 scholarship
- A two-week internship at the American Red Cross Headquarters in Washington D.C.
- Roundtrip transportation to Washington D.C., room, board, and stipend
- Coaching and mentoring by senior American Red Cross leadership and representatives from NAIA and NCCAA
- An opportunity to make a significant impact on your campus and community through organizing successful blood drives that help save lives
Participant Commitments – Participating student-leaders must agree to:
- Attend the Red Cross Collegiate Leadership Academy in Washington D.C., for two weeks in June
- Organize and market Red Cross blood drives/activities on campus
- Serve throughout your junior and senior years
Visit www.redcross.org/rccl for more information.
Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
Access 3 million scholarships offering up to $18 billion. Find scholarships that match your talent and interests.
How to Apply
Click here for more information.
South Dakota Bankers Foundation
The South Dakota Bankers Foundation has five scholarships available through South Dakota universities and colleges. These include one $4,000 scholarship, three $3,000 scholarships and one $1,500 scholarship that are available to university juniors (seniors beginning fall 2022) expressing an interest in banking, finance or business. You can find the materials here. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2022. Notification of award status will be made by April 30, 2022.
South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship
The South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship provides up to $6,500 over four years to a qualifying student who attends an eligible higher education institution in South Dakota. Recipients may participate in the South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship program for the equivalent of four academic years (eight consecutive fall and spring terms), or until attaining a baccalaureate degree. During each academic year, one-half of the annual scholarship award will be distributed at the beginning of the fall semester and the other half distributed at the beginning of the spring semester:
$1,300 – 1st year of attendance
$1,300 – 2nd year of attendance
$1,300 – 3rd year of attendance
$2,600 – 4th year of attendance
The South Dakota Retailers Association is accepting scholarship applications for the school year that starts in the fall of 2022. Scholarships will be awarded to students who intend to enroll in a retail or business-related course of study at a technical college, university, or eligible online program.
Applications can be found at https://www.sdra.org/scholarships.html or paper copies can be picked up in the Financial Aid office.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call (605) 224-5050 and ask for Donna.
United Methodist Higher Education Foundation
United Methodist Higher Education Foundation is accepting scholarship applications for the 2022-23 school year. If you (or students you know) are planning to attend a United Methodist-related college, university, or seminary in the Fall of 2022, you are invited to apply for a variety of scholarships available through the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation (UMHEF). Applications and required supporting materials must be submitted by March 1, 2022.
- You must be a full member of a United Methodist Church for at least one year.
- You must be enrolled or planning to enroll full-time at a United Methodist-related college, university, or seminary for the 2022-2023 school year. A list of these schools can be found here.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship, but will only be awarded one per year; we will find you the highest value award for which you qualify.
- Some scholarships have additional criteria; we will match you to the scholarships for which you qualify after receiving your completed application.
- Please read through the instructions carefully before beginning your application.
- Please use an email address that you check on a regular basis; this is how we will communicate with you about your application.
- If you received a UMHEF scholarship last year, you must reapply for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- International students, for which a limited number of scholarship funds are available, may apply our NEW International Student Application linked here.
UMHEF scholarships are separate from those awarded by the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry (GBHEM). You must apply for those scholarships separately.
More information is available by contacting UMHEF at 800-811-8110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
United Methodist Scholarships
United Methodist GBHEM and the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation Scholarships
Funded through the United Methodist General Board of Higher Education and Ministry and the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation. Applicants must have been an active member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year. These Methodist Scholarships do not automatically renew each year. For more information, please contact us.
U.S. Dept. of Labor
Search more than 8,000 scholarships, fellowships, grants, and other financial aid award opportunities.
Yankton Medical Clinic Scholarship
Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. has multiple $1,000 scholarships to students currently enrolled in a laboratory, radiology, respiratory therapy or nursing program.
Attached are application materials; Notification of the scholarship winner will be made in April 2022.
Applicants complete application, transcript, reference letters and essay must be received at Yankton Medical Clinic no later than 5 p.m. on March 18, 2022 (a March 18 postmark does not qualify).
All attachments should be no larger than 8 ½ x 11 inches and be printed on one side only; letters of reference should not be mailed separately; the applicant must be a student currently enrolled in a laboratory, radiology, respiratory therapy or nursing program. Preference will be given to those with an intention to return to work in one of the above-mentioned fields within a 50-mile radius of Yankton, South Dakota; and using staples should be avoided. Complete details and application materials can be found on our website https://www.yanktonmedicalclinic.com/scholarships/
Additional Scholarship Resources
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Point Foundation Scholarship
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
- United Negro College Fund Scholarship
- The American Indian Graduate Center (AIGC)
- TFS(Tuition Funding Sources) sponsored by Wells Fargo: a website designed to help students find scholarships, college, and career information.