Find Additional Funding
There are many opportunities for scholarships through organizations and resources beyond Dakota Wesleyan University.
Native American Students: If you are an enrolled member of a Native American tribe, contact your tribal office for information about Native American scholarship resources.
Big Future College Board Scholarship Search
Find scholarships, other financial aid and internships from more than 2,200 programs, totaling nearly $6 billion. All of the scholarship information is based on the College Board's Annual Survey of Financial Aid Programs.
Big Sun Scholarship
The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post-secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community
How to Apply
Please visit Big Sun Athletics to learn how to apply
June 19, 2018
Nursing Education Scholarship
$1,000 bi-annual scholarship to be awarded to applicant chosen; shall benefit any High School Senior currently applying for college, nursing school or medical vocational or technical training school or current college undergraduate in a premedical, nursing, or medical technician program.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be enrolled in and attending full-time a public, private or home school and be in their final year, previous to attending college or an institution of advanced or higher learning, of schooling at stated institution.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be accepted and attending full-time an accredited University, college, secondary training, technical institution or vocational institution, either private or public.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA based on the previous year's academic performance.
- Applicant must be applying to or currently attending a premedical, nursing, nursing assistant or medical technical program at an accredited university or technical college, private or public.
How to Apply
Applicant shall submit an essay of at least 500 words but not more than 1000 words that explains what they hope to accomplish in the medical field and how they will impact the lives of others with the education and knowledge they acquire while in medical training. Essay will also include the student's opinion of why they feel they should be selected to receive the scholarship funds. Additional information is available here.
Applications are now being accepted and will close one month prior to the date the award is given. Applications for the next round of scholarship funding will open one day after the date the scholarship is awarded.
OppU Achievers Scholarship
Celebrates students who transform opportunity into results. It rewards achievement in its many forms and honors those who create opportunity for both themselves and others.
- A student must be enrolled full time in high school or at least part time in college, graduate, professional, or trade school
- Possess a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0
- Be a U.S. citizen.
How to Apply
To apply for the OppU Achievers Scholarship, submit a short essay responding to the prompted question. Scholarship decisions are based solely on an applicant's essay response. Visit opploans.com/scholarship to complete the application.
March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31
We are partnered with Raise.me to enable students to earn grant aid throughout high school, starting as early as 9th grade, for doing all the things that best prepare them to succeed- whether that’s getting good grades, volunteering in the community, test scores, leadership roles, joining an extracurricular, and more.
Rather than waiting until being accepted to Dakota Wesleyan University, you can earn scholarships from us before applying that will be awarded if you are accepted and enroll.
You may receive an even larger financial aid package based on your complete application for admission, but with Raise.me, you’ll know ahead of time at least how much financial aid you can depend on. Make sure to complete your Raise.me Portfolio by your senior year.
Raise.me doesn’t cost any money to use, so start earning by signing up here.
Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
Access 3 million scholarships offering up to $18 billion. Find scholarships that match your talent and interests.
How to Apply
Click here for more information.
SD Board of Nursing Education Scholarship Program
Students in Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN), Registered Nursing (RN) and Advanced Practice Registered Nursing (APRN) programs
How to apply
RN and APRN applications are due by June 1 and awardees will be selected during the July Board of Nursing meeting. All applicants will be notified of selection. Scholarship payments will be made at the start of the fall and spring semesters.
LPN applications are due by October 1 and awardees will be selected during the November Board of Nursing meeting. All applicants will be notified of selection. Scholarship payments will be made at the start of the spring semester.
For more information and an online application, click here.
The Sioux Falls Business and Professional Women’s Organization
2 – $500
Must be a women pursuing a post-secondary education. Must be a member of the Sioux Falls Business Professional Women.
How to Apply
Visit the Sioux Falls Business & Professional Women website for additional information and an application.
May 1, 2018
South Dakota Bankers Foundation
Must be a banking, finance, or business major with a junior status.
How to apply
Please contact the financial aid office for application.
South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship
The South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship provides up to $6,500 over four years to a qualifying student who attends an eligible higher education institution in South Dakota. Recipients may participate in the South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship program for the equivalent of four academic years (eight consecutive fall and spring terms), or until attaining a baccalaureate degree. During each academic year, one-half of the annual scholarship award will be distributed at the beginning of the fall semester and the other half distributed at the beginning of the spring semester:
$1,300 – 1st year of attendance
$1,300 – 2nd year of attendance
$1,300 – 3rd year of attendance
$2,600 – 4th year of attendance
Thrivent Student Resources Scholarship
8 scholarships x $5,000
- You are 18+.
- You are currently attending or are enrolled in school and have payable expenses to the institution.
- You do not live in New York and Florida.
- You agree to the Terms & Conditions.
How to apply
There will be two drawings of four winners each. The first drawing is April 2, 2018. The second drawing is July 2, 2018. If you are a winner, you'll be contacted by Thrivent Student Resources shortly after that date.
Travel Nurse Across America
- Complete the full application by the July 1, 2018 deadline.
- Students must be enrolled full-time, in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better, and continuing their education at an accredited institution.
- If selected, applicant must provide proof of active enrollment and a copy of high school or college transcripts.
How to Apply
Complete the online application by visiting the following website https://nurse.tv/scholarship/
July 1, 2018
United Methodist Scholarships
United Methodist GBHEM and the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation Scholarships
Funded through the United Methodist General Board of Higher Education and Ministry and the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation. Applicants must have been an active member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year. These Methodist Scholarships do not automatically renew each year. For more information, please contact us.
Voiture 481 Nursing Scholarship
Voiture 481, 40 et 8, which is a local chapter of an independent veterans society, is sponsoring one or more scholarships to nurses. The number of scholarships and the amount of each scholarship will be determined by the local American Legion scholarship committee. Scholarship applications are due in the nursing department office by Friday, November 4th. Any scholarship money awarded can be used for the spring 2017 semester. The last two DWU nurses awarded scholarships from the 40 et 8 Society each received $500.00.
Students need to be enrolled in the DWU nursing program. Students do not have to be a veteran or in the military. The scholarship application is attached and copies are available in the nursing department office.
Zenaptic Chiropractic Scholarship
Dr. Troy Dreiling and Zenaptic Chiropractic are proud to announce this 1st annual scholarship for students at DWU This scholarship was created with college students in mind. Higher education has become increasingly expensive. This expense has also become increasingly necessary. This scholarship is designed to help a current or prospective student in their college career. Applicants will be required to answer a simple question and the winner will be selected by a committee by the end of May 2018.
One winner will be selected and receive $1000 towards higher education.
The following people are eligible for the scholarship:
- High school students graduating in 2017 and have been accepted into a college, university, trade school, community college or design school.
- Students currently enrolled in a college, university, trade school, community college or design school.
To apply, please answer this question, "How you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school?" Your answer should be under 500 words for this short essay.
May 1st, 2018
The winner will be selected in May 2018. The winner will be contacted and have two weeks to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be selected.
Additional Scholarship Resources
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
- Point Foundation Scholarship
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
- United Negro College Fund Scholarship
- The American Indian Graduate Center (AIGC)
- TFS(Tuition Funding Sources) sponsored by Wells Fargo: a website designed to help students find scholarships, college, and career information.