We are driven by difference.
At DWU, we believe in the power of being different. Our drive and determination for diversification are guided by our enduring commitment to effectively serve the complex and changing needs of our students, professional employers and our communities.
- Student population: 948
- Student to faculty ratio: 13:1
- 2021-22 tuition: $29,700
- 2021-22 room and board: $7,100
- Service and Activity Fees: $470
- Technology Fee: $700
- Average aid package (not including loans): $17,822
- 100% of full-time on-campus students receive aid.
- 100% of nursing graduates succeed in finding employment in their profession.
- 100% of graduates said their critical-thinking skills have grown stronger as a result of their time at DWU.
- 99% of graduates recommend DWU to a student seeking a quality educational experience.
- 99% of graduates said professors provided them with opportunities to apply classroom learning to real-life situations.
- 98% of graduates said that instructors were willing to meet with them outside of class to discuss questions and concerns.
- 95% of education graduates are working as teachers or attending graduate school within 6 months of graduation.
- 93% of graduates agreed that their experience at DWU prepared and inspired them to lead of life of learning, leadership, faith and service.
- 92% of faculty and staff give to DWU.
- 90% of graduates are placed into the medical or other healthcare-related programs.
- 90% of graduates are employed full time or attending graduate school.
- 80% of faculty have terminal degrees.
- 28% of students are first generation.
- 0% of courses are taught by teaching assistants.
- Clubs and organization: 30
- Intercollegiate teams: 15
- Member: NAIA Great Plains Athletic Conference
- Nickname: Tigers
- Colors: royal blue and white
We are honored:
- U.S. News & World Report:
- Best Regional College
- Best Value School
- Best Undergraduate Teaching in the Midwest
- Top 50 Performer on Social Mobility
- Best Online Master’s in Education Program
- Best Online MBA Program
- College Consensus: Ranked. No.2 for Best Colleges in South Dakota
- College Raptor: Hidden Gem in the Midwest
- NAIA Champions of Character Five-Star Institution
- Online Masters: Best Online Master’s in Education Administration Programs
- Bronze Military Friendly School
- Top Education Degrees: Top 50 Best Master’s in Educational Leadership Online
- Intelligent.com: No. 5 Master’s in Education Administration
- MBA Central: Top No Application Fee Online MBA
- Digital DWU: a university-wide effort to incorporate technology into the classrooms and the hands of every student.
- DWU Cares: a day dedicated to community-wide service projects.
- Every student organization and athletic team commits to at least one community service project per semester.
- 24-hour Mac lab
- DNA sequencer in the biochemistry department
- McGovern Library and Legacy Museum
- Five residence halls: traditional, pods and apartments
- Education department connected to L.B. Williams Elementary School
- Dakota Discovery Museum
- Corrigan Health Sciences Center, offering the latest in research facilities and simulator labs
- DWU/Avera Sports and Wellness Complex
- School of Business, Innovation and Leadership