Fully Accredited And Approved
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Dakota Wesleyan University is institutionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and has been continuously since 1916. DWU is a coeducational university granting the degrees of Master of Arts, Master of Business Administration, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Science, Associate of Arts and Associate of Science.
The Higher Learning Commission is located at 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602. They may also be reached at (312) 263-0456 and www.hlcommission.org.
Specific programs also carry specialized accreditations.
- The teacher preparation program is accredited by the South Dakota Department of Education.
- The nursing program is accredited by the South Dakota Board of Nursing and the National League for Nursing (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission Inc., 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30326).
- The athletic training program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- The business program is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The university is also approved by the United Methodist University Senate.
We participate in the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, the National Association of United Methodist Colleges and Universities, the South Dakota Association of Private Colleges, and the Council of Independent Colleges.
If you have quesitons about either institutional accreditation or specialized accreditations or approvals, please contact the DWU Office of the Provost at 605-995-2625 or, alternatively, you can contact the accreditors directly.