Become an Intern
Take this opportunity to see how the concepts and skills you learned in your classes can be applied outside the classroom. Contact one of your professors or the Academic and Career Services Center to learn how.
Intern in a Variety of Ways
Turn your job experiences into supervised internships. You can earn credit for demonstrating your ability to apply the concepts and skills you have learned in the classroom to your work environment.
- Work in a local bank – In this setting you might learn about and prepare analyses of the bank’s marketing and management plans.
- Work with a local sports team – Learn about and prepare analyses of the team’s operations and marketing.
- Work with an accounting firm – With a firm, you will be able to see how accounting and management concepts are used in a financial setting.
Work in the Field
Use the business skills you’ve developed to provide service to a real-world client.
- Conduct marketing surveys for organizations in the Mitchell area.
- Former students have organized a DWU Pro Showcase that enabled top college senior basketball players to demonstrate their talents to professional scouts.
- Get creative. Find a need in your community and fill it.
Business Analysis and Strategy
In your senior capstone course, you will study all aspects of the operation of a local business or nonprofit organization with a team of your classmates.
Embark on international travel to broaden your understanding of your potential work environments.
Our students have traveled to:
- Latin America
If this sounds like something you want to experience, contact the Academic and Career Services Center or your adviser for detailed information about how you can get to work!
Get to Know Your Professors
Our low student-to-teacher ratio offers valuable one-on-one interaction with professors who care about you and your work.
Learn more about your professors and their real world, business experiences.
Contact us – just call admissions at 605-995-2650 or email us at email@example.com.
We would love to share information with you via email or if you like, we will send it right to your door.