Do You, or Does Someone You Know, Have That Academic Competitive Itch?
The Custer Battlefield Highway Academic Festival takes place each year on our campus.
High school students from around the region join us as we lead them through written tests covering 18 academic areas.
The day wraps up with a Quiz Bowl where qualifying competitors from the day’s events face off in an exciting test of wits and knowledge.
This is the only portion of the festival that is open to viewing by the public, and you won’t want to miss it.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to compete in one of the most fun academic festivals the state has to offer.
Sign up your school and its competitors with our registration form here.
Each team will have 30 seconds to give a written response to each question to the person monitoring their team.
Your answer must be handed to the monitor before the 30 seconds has elapsed. Don’t worry – you will have a 10-second warning to help you finish up.
After the monitors have collected the answers to a question, the emcee will announce the correct answer. Monitors for the teams with the correct answer will raise their hand, and the scorer will record the results. The monitors will also record the result for their team.
The team with the most correct responses will be the winner.
If you tie with another team, there will be a series of tie-breaking questions, asked in a ‘sudden death’ format, until all ties are broken.
Rules for Written Tests
- Students should not open the test booklets until instructed to do so.
- Calculators are allowed if they are not capable of symbolic manipulation (like a TI-92). A monitor will come around to clear the memory of any graphing calculators.
- Scantron sheets should be filled out with name, school, and grade in school. All answers should be marked by filling in the rectangles completely on your scantron sheet. Students should use the pencils that have been provided.
- The test booklets should not be written or marked in. All answers should be on the scantron sheet. There are 50 questions. Scratch paper has been provided.
- Students will be allowed 50 minutes to complete the test, once the signal to begin has been given. Time warnings will be given when there are only a few minutes left.
- When finished with a test, students should put their scantron sheet inside the test booklet and raise their hand. After the test has been collected, the student may leave and return to the Wellness Center Gym or other designated area.