It’s More Than a Job
Dakota Wesleyan University’s nursing programs are among the best in the region.
As a nursing student, you will learn and grow along with a community of support, not just with peers, but also with DWU faculty and staff. You will build trusting relationships with your professors, and they’ll be available to you for mentorship and encouragement.
What's the Difference?
- Enroll in our Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN), a 4-year path to a future in healthcare
- Practicing LPNs can enroll in our Sioux Falls-based LPN to bachelor’s degree program
- Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and maintains full approval from the South Dakota Board of Nursing
- Spend your learning time in the Glenda K. Corrigan Health Sciences Center with its four high-tech simulation labs
- Gain clinical experience in a variety of settings: hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, community agencies and others
- Earn your eligibility to take the National Council of State Boards of Nursing Licensing Examinations for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)
“Find a college that makes you feel like family. Through all my classes and clubs, I have found a family away from home at DWU.”
- Julianna Certa-Werner ’21, Superior, WI
The baccalaureate program at Dakota Wesleyan University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. The nursing program has been granted full approval for the RN-B.S. program and full approval status for the B.S. and the LPN-B.S. programs by the South Dakota Board of Nursing, 4305 S. Louise Ave., Suite 201, Sioux Falls, SD 57106-3115, 605-362-2760.
Gain clinical experience in a variety of settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, and other community agencies. You may have the opportunity to work some clinical hours in a rural setting.
Avera Achieve Sponsorship Program
Through the Avera Achieve Sponsorship Program, Avera will support selected sophomore DWU nursing students with $20,000 in education funding for their junior and senior years as long as they successfully complete their studies and commit to working as nurses at Avera for three years following graduation. The first group of students was announced in September of 2022.
Students in the B.S. program on the Mitchell Campus will spend much of their time in the state-of-the-art Glenda K. Corrigan Health Sciences Center. The nursing department features four simulation labs that allow you to participate in realistic healthcare scenarios, as well as view, critique and learn from others' simulation experiences. Students in the LPN to B.S. program will spend class time and simulation time at the Sioux Falls nursing site in Sioux Falls, S.D.
Get to Know Your Professors
Learn how to be a nurse with our excellent professors! Our low student-to-faculty ratio offers valuable one-on-one interaction with professors.
Contact us anytime! Call admissions at 605-995-2650 or email us at email@example.com.
We would love to share information with you via email, or we will mail it right to your front door.