DWU + VCOM Med School Partnership
DWU students who qualify and are interested in attending The Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM) are guaranteed an interview and have an opportunity to apply for the Rocovich Scholars Early Admission Program. The Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine is a private, non-profit osteopathic medical school on the campus of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia, with three branch campuses located in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Auburn, Alabama and Monroe, Louisiana.
DAN MITCHELL ’17
A double major in biology and athletic training and is a student at VCOM’s Virginia campus
“Because of the relationship between DWU and VCOM, my path to medical school was clear. I am fortunate to have both schools supporting me and fostering my education. DWU and VCOM have similar missions – to encourage students to make a difference through community service and to pursue meaningful careers that support our global economy.”
Rocovich Scholars Early Admission Program Qualifications:
- Students can apply during their fourth semester.
- Must have a 3.5 GPA in science and an overall SAT of 1100 or ACT of 24.
- Must obtain a minimum of 45 credits from DWU.
- Must be a permanent resident of a rural area or a federally designated medically underserved area, qualify as being from a low socioeconomic background or are a member of an underserved minority.
- 40 hours of health care work (at time of application)
- 40 hours of community volunteer work (at time of application)
- 80 hours of health care work (at time of matriculation)
- 80 hours of community volunteer work (at time of matriculation)