DWU’s psychology major will take you on an exploration of human behavior from biological, behavioral, cognitive, social and cultural viewpoints. Learn to conduct scientific research and to evaluate the research of others. Review philosophical issues and concepts important to psychologists. In your capstone course, you’ll develop a thesis and conduct independent research on a topic of interest to you.
What's the Difference?
- Take classes that relate to your areas of interest in our comprehensive, diverse curriculum
- Develop grounded skills like scientific research methods; evaluation of research; critical thinking; and higher-level writing for graduate program applications
- Enroll in a variety of courses like psychology of personality; experimental psychology; abnormal psychology and many others
- Expand your experiences as a member of Psychology Club, Psi Chi and the American Psychology Association
- Put your education into practice with an internship
- Pair with Mitchell Technical College’s associate degree in Human Services for a 2+2 experience
- Find your dream job in traditional and non-traditional environments: music therapy; sports psychology; drama therapy; graduate school
- Psychology of Personality
- Experimental Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
Find more of the classes you will take in our academic catalog.
Intern and Shadow
When you embark upon an internship, you put your education into practice with the support of faculty behind you. Talk to your advisor about internship options through DWU, or independent internship possibilities.
Join Psychology Club, Psi Chi and American Psychological Association with the help of your professors. Connect with professionals through these prestigious organizations.
Get to Know Your Professors
Our low student-to-faculty ratio offers valuable one-on-one interaction with professors.
Contact us anytime! Call admissions at 605-995-2650, or email us at email@example.com.
We would love to share information with you via email, or we'll mail it right to your front door.