Embrace the Great Outdoors
Embrace an outdoor lifestyle and promote environmental stewardship with a degree in Wildlife Management. Our campus, located in the heart of the James River valley, provides access to an amazing river, lake and plains ecosystem. You’ll study wildlife habits and habitats, scientific practices to measure a variety of data and help support healthy practices to ensure a thriving and surviving wildlife population for generations to come.
- Find internship opportunities with the South Dakota Department of Game, Fish, and Parks, the National Parks Service, and the South Dakota Department of Health.
- Work on projects involving habitat management, conservation, and other research areas.
- Conduct advanced independent research using the biological methods you have learned through your coursework for your senior capstone project.
- Find a career suited to your abilities: wildlife biologist, conservation officer, fisheries biologist, game farm manager, zookeeper and more.
- Interested in becoming a conservation officer? Then pick up an emphasis in Wildlife Law Enforcement.
Check out the Wildlife Management Courses on the way to completing your degree:
- Comparative Zoology
- Animal Development
Find more of the classes you will take in our academic catalog.
Get to Know Your Professors
Learn how to care for our world from our teachers! Our low student-to-teacher ratio offers valuable one-on-one interaction with professors.
Contact us anytime! Call admissions at 605-995-2650, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to share information with you via email, or we will mail it right to your front door.