Dakota Wesleyan University continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation, particularly at the local and regional level. We remain focused on the health and well-being of the university community. We encourage you to make this page your first stop regarding questions about how DWU is navigating the challenges posed by COVID-19.
If you have specific questions that are not answered by the information on this page, we encourage you to call DWU’s telephone hotline at 605-995-2910 or send an email to DWUResponseTeam@dwu.edu.
General measures in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 for students returning to campus:
- For Fall 2021, masks are optional. Monitor campus communications as this could change quickly per a local surge in cases or amended guidance from the CDC.
- DWU performs cleaning and sanitation across all areas of the campus.
- Classrooms and labs will still allow for spacing where possible.
- The campus nurse and the Avera medical system are available for students to assess symptoms and make appropriate health recommendations.
- A student vaccination clinic will be held on September 10, 2021.