Dakota Wesleyan University continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation, particularly at the local and regional level. We remain focused on the health and well-being of the university community. This webpage is updated regularly. We encourage you to make this page your first stop regarding questions about how DWU is navigating the challenges posed by COVID-19.
If you have specific questions that are not answered by the information on this page, we encourage you to call DWU’s telephone hotline at 605-995-2910 or send an email to DWUResponseTeam@dwu.edu.
General measures in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 for students returning to campus:
- DWU has developed a detailed sanitation schedule for all areas of the campus.
- Classroom occupancy rates have been established to allow for physical distancing in the classrooms.
- Daily screening of all faculty, staff, and students is required to monitor for potential symptoms.
- The #CampusClear App will be required to be used by all members of the DWU community to quickly alert individuals who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Space dedicated for isolation has been set aside to ensure students can quickly be moved if they test positive for the virus.
- The campus nurse and the Avera medical system are available for students to assess symptoms and make appropriate health recommendations.
- Face covering protocols are in place to mitigate the spread of the virus in classrooms and other public spaces.