Student Frequently Asked Questions
Are all classes going to be delivered in a face-to-face format this fall?
The majority of DWU classes will be offered in a face-to-face format this fall. Many classes will also have the content available to students online should they become sick or unable to attend classes.
How will social distancing be practiced in the classroom?
DWU has created new classroom occupancy rates based on the CDC guidelines for safe social distancing.
What measures are being taken concerning athletics?
- All in-season student athletes will be required to go through a screening process with the athletic training department prior to practice on each day.
- Student athletes will be screened prior to any transportation to and from competition.
- New sanitation procedures are being adopted to keep equipment as clean as possible.
- Practice plans are being modified and adjusted to adhere to CDC regulations.
- Guidelines by the NAIA and GPAC are being followed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Periodic testing may be required.
Are all students required to be screened?
Yes. All students will conduct self-screening each day and report the information using an app on their phone.
Will contact tracing be required?
Yes. The university has purchased a contact tracing app. All students will be required to download the app to immediately identify students who have had close contact with anyone who tests positive.
Will students have exams prior to Thanksgiving Break?
Students should refer to their syllabus for guidance on when classroom exams will be administered or due dates for final projects.
Will the fitness center be open in the fall?
Yes! The Fitness Center is open and new sanitation measures are in place. Maximum occupancy limits have been established per CDC guidelines. The university encourages students, staff and faculty to use these facilities for their health and well-being.
Have any decisions been made about the spring 2021 semester?
At this time, the spring 2021 semester will resume with face-to-face classes on Monday, Jan. 11 as planned.