Student Frequently Asked Questions
How will physical distancing be practiced in the classroom?
DWU has created new classroom occupancy rates based on the CDC guidelines for safe physical distancing.
What measures are being taken concerning athletics?
- All in-season student athletes will be required to go through a screening process with the athletic training department prior to practice on each day.
- Student athletes will be screened prior to any transportation to and from competition.
- New sanitation procedures are being adopted to keep equipment as clean as possible.
- Practice plans are being modified and adjusted to adhere to CDC regulations.
- Guidelines by the NAIA and GPAC are being followed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Periodic testing may be required.
Are all students required to be screened?
Yes. All students will conduct self-screening each day and report the information using the #CampusClear App.
Will contact tracing be required?
Yes. The university has purchased a contact tracing app, called #CampusClear. All students, faculty and staff are required to download the app immediately and use it every day when on campus.
What is the plan for spring 2021?
The spring 2021 semester will resume with face-to-face classes on Monday, Jan. 18.
When does the spring semester start?
The spring 2021 semester will resume with face-to-face classes on Monday, Jan. 18. Students will be able move back into the residence halls on Friday, Jan. 15.
Are all classes going to be delivered in a face-to-face format this spring?
The majority of DWU classes will be offered in a face-to-face format. Many classes will also have the content available to students online should they become sick or unable to attend classes. Classes will begin on Monday, Jan. 18, and will continue with face-to-face instruction until the end of the semester, Friday, May 7. Face coverings will still be required on campus.
Who do I contact for COVID-19-related questions?
If you have any questions regarding COVID-19, please reach out to the DWU COVID Response Team by emailing DWUResponseTeam@dwu.edu or calling 1-605-995-2910.