Tiger Tool Kit
In light of the COVID -19 pandemic, both new and returning students at Dakota Wesleyan University will need to come prepared to care for themselves, and to protect the people around them. Students are being asked to bring a tool kit for this purpose.
TIGER TOOL KIT should include:
- A RELIABLE THERMOMETER. If you bring an oral thermometer, be sure to also have disposable thermometer covers, or alcohol pads to clean the thermometer after each use.
- FIVE-TO-SEVEN FACE MASKS that cover both the mouth and nose.
Current guidance from the CDC indicates that disposable surgical masks, KN95 or N95 masks provide the best protection from the omicron variant. However, such masks can be difficult to obtain, and well fitted cloth masks represent an acceptable option.
- LAUNDRY DETERGENT to frequently wash cloth masks, clothing, towels and bedding.
- HAND SANITIZER for use in dorm rooms and travel size sanitizer to carry in bookbags.
- DISINFECTING WIPES to wipe down room surfaces.
- KLEENEX for personal use.
- FEVER REDUCING MEDICATIONS, cough drops and other over-the-counter medications of choice.
- ADEQUATE SUPPLY OF ALL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS and a plan of how to refill prescriptions when needed.
- REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLE and/or bottled water for personal use.