Bring Your Story to Life
What kinds of careers can you enter with a creative writing minor?
With your skills in creative writing, you could find success in these careers:
Journalist or public relations
Marketing or business writing
What's the Difference at DWU?
- Students in the creative writing minor can submit their works to the Prairie Winds, DWU's own literary journal.
- In your senior capstone course, you'll prepare and publish a manuscript which will be housed in the McGovern Library.
Creative Writing Courses
Check out English courses you'll complete during your time at DWU.
ENG 315 Women Writers
ENG 316 Contemporary World Literature
ENG 323 Shakespeare
ENG 223 American Literature
ENG 226 Literature of European Civilization
ENG 313 Great Plains Literature
ENG 302 Creative Writing II: Genre and Technique
ENG 460 Creative Writing Capstone
ENG 205 British Literature I
ENG 206 British Literature II
ENG 201 Intro to Literary Analysis
ENG 202 Creative Writing I
Get to Know Your Professors
Learn how to be the professional writer from our teachers. Our low student-to-teacher ratio offers valuable one-on-one interaction.
Barbara Duffey, Ph.D.
Derric Ludens, M.A.
Vince Redder, Ph.D.
Campus Mail Box:
Year Started at DWU:
Area of Expertise:
What I Love Most About DWU:
Internships and Opportunities
Previous students have taken on many opportunities. Explore and find interactive learning that fits your interests.
- Intern with the Mitchell Daily Republic, Innovative Systems and other companies.
- Serve as an English peer tutor.
- Attend national and regional conferences where you will meet other writers and develop strong networking connections.
- Work with elementary students at L.B. Williams Elementary School.