DWU's Kelley Center names new Entrepreneur in Residence
The Kelley Center for Entrepreneurship at Dakota Wesleyan University is proud to announce the appointment of health care entrepreneur and DWU alumna Ashley Kingdon-Reese '14, '15 serving as the university’s Kelley Center 2024 Entrepreneur in Residence.
MITCHELL – The Kelley Center for Entrepreneurship at Dakota Wesleyan University is proud to announce the appointment of health care entrepreneur and DWU alumna Ashley Kingdon-Reese '14, '15 serving as the university’s Kelley Center 2024 Entrepreneur in Residence. A welcome reception is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 6 at 2 p.m. in the Kelley Center on the campus of Dakota Wesleyan.
Kingdon-Reese is a visionary entrepreneur and a driving force in the world of small business advocacy. With a passion for creating innovative solutions and a keen eye for identifying emerging trends, Kingdon-Reese has made a significant impact in the entrepreneurial landscape. From an early age, she demonstrated a natural talent for identifying opportunities and turning them into successful ventures.
With her strong belief in the power of small businesses to drive economic growth and create positive change, Kingdon-Reese has dedicated her career to celebrating and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial leaders. She is a small business advocate and her efforts to enhance our state’s workforce through education and professional development, reflect her unwavering commitment to driving change, fostering innovation, and empowering small businesses to thrive in an ever-evolving landscape. Throughout her journey, the DWU graduate has been recognized for her outstanding achievements and contributions to the field of small business innovation and healthcare.
A few of her notable accolades include:
- 2024 10KSB National Alumni Ambassador for SD Pilot Cohort
- 2024 SD Intermediary for Healthcare Apprenticeships
- 2024 SDCEO Advisory Board Chair
- 2023 Slated Candidate for ANA’s Director at Large
- 2023 Key Speaker for Leadership South Dakota Program
- 2022 StartToday Apprenticeship Program Sponsor/Coordinator "Behavioral Health Aide"
- 2022 StartToday Apprenticeship Program Sponsor/Coordinator"Community Health Worker"
- 2021 ANAI Lobbyist Certification Completion (American Nurse Advocacy Institute)
- 2021 Who's Who in America: The Marquis Who's Who Publications Board
- 2020 Pioneer in Nursing Award Winner-SDNA
- 2019 Graduate of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program, Distinguished Scholar
- 2019 StartToday Apprenticeship Sponsor "Home Health Mentor"
- 2019 Elected Government Relations Committee Chair- SDNA (serving second term)
- 2018 She Award "Tomorrow's Leader"- She Award Nomination Committee
- 2018 Ranked in Top 10% Globally for MBA Capstone Business Simulation
- 2017 Spirit of Dakota Finalist- Spirit of Dakota Board of Directors
- 2015 40 Under 40- Prairie Business Magazine
- 2014 Governor's Giant Vision Award- South Dakota Chamber of Business/GOED
About her appointment, Kingdon-Reese had this to say: “As the newly appointed [Entrepreneur in Residence] for DWU, I am thrilled to expand my passion for innovation and business development to this esteemed institution, and my alma mater. It was my DWU experience that helped me discover my niche in the healthcare industry, as a nurse and small business owner. More importantly, I have learned the value of relationships and turning outward to gain a broader perspective.”
Kingdon-Reese has mapped out a dynamic program for her 2024 stint as EIR. “[We have developed] events that will provide opportunities for students to learn from industry experts, connect with like-minded individuals, and gain practical skills that are essential for success in the professional world. By organizing activities like workshops, seminars, and networking events, we can enhance the vibrant culture for entrepreneurship at DWU. Together we can innovate, collaborate, and create a future where ideas flourish, startups thrive, INtrepreneurs are empowered, and entrepreneurs earn the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world.”
For more information on this program or the Kelley Center, please contact Diana Goldammer Ed.D. director of the Kelley Center at 605.995.2722.