Account for Your Future
A DWU Accounting degree with an added MBA will give you a different level of expertise that companies are looking for! In just five years, you’ll find the confidence to fulfill the financial needs of businesses and accounting firms. And you’ll earn enough credits to sit for your CPA exam, adding extra value to your education. Financial analyst, accounting manager, certified public accountant—whatever your path, your career is waiting for you with DWU’s innovative, comprehensive program.
What's the Difference?
- Find a career with a large regional employer like Deloitte, Eide Bailly, Raven Industries, and others
- Sit for your CPA exam after graduating from a program with demonstrated high pass rates
- Choose a Math minor to work as an actuary analyzing risk for insurance firms
- Select a Criminal Justice minor if forensic accounting is your area of interest
- Pair accounting with a Communication or English minor and set yourself up to become a CFO
Check out the courses you'll complete on your way to receiving your accounting degree.
- Business Ethics and Social Policy
- and more!
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam Preparation
Tailor fit your education to meet your goals! You have three ways to earn the 150 credits required to sit for the CPA exam.
- Want to graduate in four years? Combine summer courses and modest overloads during a few regular semesters.
- Planning to get your M.B.A.? Our Master of Business Administration program would allow you to earn the 150 credits required to take the CPA exam while earning an advanced degree.
- Have a bit more time? If you'd like a more comfortable learning pace, you can add a fifth year of a full-time class to your schedule.
Get to Know Your Professors
Meet our accounting professors! Our low student-to-teacher ratio offers valuable one-on-one interaction with professors who care about you and your work.
The Department of Business at Dakota Wesleyan University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a listing of accredited programs, visit https://iacbe.org/memberpdf/DakotaWesleyanUniversity.pdf.
Contact us anytime! Call Admissions at 605-995-2650 or email us at email@example.com.
We would love to share information with you via email, or we can mail it right to your front door.