Heal on the Sidelines
An exciting career in sports healthcare and rehabilitation, using hands-on learning experiences, is waiting for you with DWU’s Master’s in Athletic Training program. DWU has some of the best athletic training facilities in the region where you will learn, work, and play. Our outstanding Board of Certification pass rate will allow you to begin working side-by-side with certified athletic trainers, physicians, and physical therapists in just a few short years. From high schools to universities to professional sports teams, your career as an athletic trainer will take you off the bench and put you into the action!
DWU’s Master of Athletic Training is designed to be completed in just five years and is one of only three such programs in the state.
The DWU Department of Athletic Training is accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) located at 2001 K Street NW, 3rd Floor North in Washington, DC 20006, phone number 512-733-9700 and toll free 844-GO-CAATE (844-462-2283).
What's the difference?
- Enroll in one of only three 5-year Master’s in Athletic Training programs in S.D.
- Observe athletic trainers up close as early as your first semester
- Complete at least 800 hours of field experience by the time you graduate
- Check out our 98% pass rate for the BOC exam (national average: 82%)
- Work or continue your studies: 100% of DWU graduates are employed in the field or accepted into graduate programs
What can you do with an athletic training degree?
Wondering what your career possibilities are in sports medicine? Jobs are open to you with an athletic training degree in locations such as:
- Colleges and Universities
- Health Care Clinics
- High Schools
- Industrial Corporations
- Olympic Sport Centers
- Professional Sports
- Sports Medicine Centers
Athletic Training Courses
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Injury Assessment
- Treatment and Injury Rehabilitation
- and more!
Explore Athletic Training at DWU
Strengthen your understanding of sports medicine with us! Get to know our faculty who you'll learn from in the classroom and on the field.
Contact us anytime! Call admissions at 605-995-2650 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to share information with you via email, or we will mail it right to your front door.