Heal on the Sidelines
Be a team player in the field of sports medicine. Get real-life experience on the field and in athletic training rooms. Learn about injury prevention, emergency services, rehabilitation techniques and work directly with teams and healthcare professionals. DWU is also home to many new, state-of-the-art athletic training facilities.
What can you do with an athletic training degree?
Wondering what your career possibilities are in sports medicine? Jobs are open to you with an athletic training degree in locations such as:
- Colleges and Universities
- Health Care Clinics
- High Schools
- Industrial Corporations
- Olympic Sport Centers
- Professional Sports
- Sports Medicine Centers
In DWU's Athletic Training Program, you will:
- Work side-by-side with certified athletic trainers, physicians, physicians' assistants and physical therapists.
- Begin observing athletic trainers’ work as early as your first semester at DWU.
- Complete at least 800 hours of field experience by the time you graduate.
- Work hands-on with athletes in regional high schools, colleges and hospitals.
Athletic Training Courses
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Injury Assessment
- Treatment and Injury Rehabilitation
- and more!
Explore Athletic Training at DWU
Strengthen your understanding of sports medicine with us! Get to know our faculty who you'll learn from in the classroom and on the field.
Contact us anytime! Call admissions at 605-995-2650 or email us at email@example.com.
We would love to share information with you via email, or we will mail it right to your front door.