Program Objectives and Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to practice and master the knowledge gained in the classroom and show the ability to apply the entry-level skills in a clinical setting.
- Students will participate in a variety of service-learning projects to instill an attitude of service to their community and to the profession.
- Students will show that they understand the moral and ethical behavior required by the NATA Code of Ethics.
Athletic Training Department Goals
The goals and objectives of the Dakota Wesleyan University Athletic Training Program are:
- To prepare undergraduate athletic training students for careers in athletic training.
- To fulfill the Competencies and Proficiencies in Athletic Training as established by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- To teach, demonstrate, and adhere to the NATA Code of Ethics.
- To provide a quality clinical experience in the athletic training facilities that compliment the educational program.
- To encourage the overall development of leadership skills and service to the community and to the athletic training profession.