Speak up and be heard with a Communication degree
Excellent communication skills are sought by every employer, and it’s a true professional who elevates the skill of communicating to an art. When you pursue a Communication degree at DWU, you will find countless ways to enhance your talent for speaking, writing, performing, or persuading. Courses cover a wide range of areas including leadership; multicultural communication; media and society; theory and criticism; public relations and many others. Find a career that speaks volumes and leads any organization to success!
What's the difference?
- Develop your natural talents by learning the true nature of communication, the most fundamental of human traits
- Pursue your area of passion: advocacy; student leadership; theatrical performance; persuasion; interpersonal communication; writing with clarity and precision
- Follow in the footsteps of George McGovern, an award-winning member of the DWU debate team
- Learn from faculty with experience as professional speakers and writers
- Jump into your new career after graduation: public relations; performing arts; media talent, sales or management; political campaigns or areas where solid communication skills mean success
Communication Course Catalog
Grow your talents for public speaking and the written word. Check out the courses you'll complete as a communication major such as the following:
- Leadership and Communication
- Multicultural Communication
- Advanced Persuasive Speaking
Find more of the classes you'll take in our academic catalog.
Get to Know Your Professors
Learn from the best speakers and writers! Our low student-to-teacher ratio offers valuable one-on-one interaction with professors.
Contact us anytime! Call admissions at 605-995-2650, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to share information with you via email, or we will mail it right to your front door.