Design a Better Digital Experience
The ever-growing technology industry needs talented people like you to create and design digital elements for countless applications. At DWU, digital media and design students prepare to stay ahead of technology and work on real-world projects like the iconic, outdoor murals on the World’s Only Corn Palace. Where else can you have your artwork admired by a half million people each year?
Graphic Design – Create visual representations of your voice. Use techniques like typography, visual arts and page layout to tell your story.
Web Design – Use your creativity to take your designs online. Learn how to use technology to connect, inform and impress your audience.
Marketing – Create with intent and deliver through numerous digital channels like search engines, websites, social media, mobile, and more.
What's the Difference?
- Choose from a graphic design, web design or marketing emphasis
- Focus on user interface design (UI) and user experience (UX)—South Dakota’s only program which does
- Work in our student-centered 24-hour Mac lab
- Assist real-life business owners with creating social media plans and helping to implement them
- Find a creative, fulfilling job with a large regional corporation: Blue Cross Blue Shield; Sanford; Furniture Mart USA; and others.
Begin Your Design Career
Make a living as a digital designer and practice your passion in any of these career areas:
- Digital Strategist
- Graphic Designer
- Mobile App or software designer
- Motion graphics designer or animator
- Web Designer
You will have 24-hour access to our cutting-edge labs to ensure you can learn on your schedule. Be ready to move into a professional design job after you graduate.
Digital Media and Design Courses
Check out the design classes you'll take at DWU. You'll review topics such as the following:
- Color Theory Design
- Digital Imaging
- Usability in Design
- Webpage Design
Find more of the classes you will have in our academic catalog.
Take a Look!
View student work at facebook.com/dwu.designs.
Internships and Hands-on Experience
Many students have an opportunity to intern, or complete other outside-the-classroom learning. An internship will allow you to work alongside businesses and organization in the region to develop business-used projects and build authentic client-designer relationships before you graduate.
- Participate in Dark Lab, our student-run creative agency. Build your portfolio by working with local organizations and on-campus departments for their design and marketing needs.
- Explore our partnership with Innovative Systems. We connect you with a local telecommunications and engineering company, who is eager to provide internships and potential employment to design students.
Discuss with your professors, your adviser or the Academic and Career Services Center to see where you’ll fit in!
Get to Know Your Professors
Add online design experience to your portfolio, and learn from our stellar teachers! Our low student-to-teacher ratio offers valuable one-on-one interaction with professors who care about you and your work.
Contact us anytime! Call admissions at 605-995-2650, or email us at email@example.com.
We would love to share information with you via email, or we will mail it right to your front door.