Take Center Stage
Turn your love for acting, storytelling, and performance into a theatre career, either on stage or behind the scenes. Learn the skills to act, design, direct or work the magic of theatre as a technician. Make every day your opening act with a DWU theatre degree.
What's the Difference?
- Dive into your curriculum with courses like history of theatre and drama; acting; stage combat; scene design; and directing
- Discover the history of theatre in workshops hosted by professionals
- Direct your own production as part of your student experience
- Immerse yourself in stage arts when you attend professional theater productions in places like New York or the United Kingdom
- Use your B.A. degree to find employment in many areas: acting, directing, stage management, lighting or sound design, theatre technology or many others
- Auditions for all productions are open to any part-time or full-time DWU student, as well as faculty, staff and community members.
Take a look at courses you'll complete with topics such as:
- Scene Design
- History of Theatre and Drama
- Stage Combat
Find more of the classes you will take in our academic catalog.
Field Study in Professional Theatre
In this class, you'll travel and attend professional theatre productions either in New York, the United Kingdom or another theatre-rich, history-rich region of the world. Along with these productions, you'll investigate the history of theatre and participate in workshops hosted by professional theatre companies or individuals.
Our Upcoming Productions
Check out our current season and see how you can get involved.
Take to the stage here at DWU.
Our Favorite Productions
Browse the galleries of our most recent productions.
Get to Know Your Professors
Embrace learning the performing arts with our skilled professors! Our low student-to-faculty ratio offers valuable one-on-one interaction with professors.
Contact us anytime! Call admissions at 605-995-2650, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to share information with you via email, or we will mail it right to your front door.